my creative space

Are you sitting down? My creative space is filled with knitting today. Yes, I said knitting. Can you believe it? It’s been awhile.

Our local guild is making squares for charity blankets again. I took a break from this last year, but the year before I met my goal of 12 squares — one a month. I was hoping to meet that goal again in 2010, but here it is almost May and I’m on my first square! We’ll see how many I get done.

There were some lovely creative spaces last week listed on Kirsty’s blog. Did you check them out? You should!

stash and pattern: More acrylic from my thrifted stash. These skeins must multiply when I’m not looking! The patterns are being chosen by the group. This is the January square listed on the Hanks website.

Tagged with:

12 Responses to my creative space

1. Kelly says:

Impressive!

Must say, though, I’m really intrigued by the fabric pouch. Love the print!!

2. Kelly says:

“Impressive!” meant in a good way. I cannot knit to save my life. (Didn’t want previous comment to sound snarky. I really am impressed!)

3. Your project looks great and the little bag …. did you make it? Love it too!

4. Lisa says:

So nice to see you aren’t neglecting your sticks! See you tonight.

5. M* says:

Gorgeous. I clicked on your feed thinking the photo was crochet goodness and I am suitably impressed!

6. tracey says:

looks like a nice pattern, happy stick playing!

7. Sally says:

Loving the colour of that yarn. Delicious.

8. Cotton Kiwi says:

Oh how beautiful! Love the colour and the pattern. How fantastic to use up your stash for charity. Thanks for popping by my blog earlier and leaving such a lovely comment. :o)

9. Stephanie says:

Wonderful!!

xo Steph

10. Kirsty says:

Hurrah for the sticks & helping out & that lovely minty shade too.

11. […] Today was another slow day. I feel bad for my daughter. She’s getting bored with this mama-isn’t-feeling-well business. I tried to make today all about her. Most of the morning we hung out on the living room floor. She did her thing and I worked on another charity blanket square. […]

12. […] space is a little mindless crochet. I had started knitting my second charity blanket square (here’s the first one) and it just wasn’t turning out right. It may have had something to do with my daughter […]