Last year I made a paper heart bunting for our kitchen window. When I went to hang it this year, it was gone. Maybe I stored it in a safe place? Maybe I recycled it? I wish I could remember. Anyway, it was a good excuse to make a new one. I forgot to take a before picture of the tea towel I used, but you can see part of it in this creative space.
It was basically a grid of small and big hearts. I cut along the small hearts and then serged the side and bottom raw edges, trimming the small hearts off as I went along. I folded over some bias tape and stitched in the top edges.
I managed to create this from start to finish during my daughter’s “quiet time.” I don’t remember the last time I completed a sewing project so fast. Plus, I think I’m finally figuring out how to master the tension on my serger!
recycle: Garage sale tea towel: 25 cents. Bias tape part of a Goodwill grab bag.