They were outside of the Today Show. In fact, they are all over NYC today as part of Yarn Harlot’s Represent Event. I so wish I could be there. All those knitters in one place! All the yarn crawls! I guess I will have to settle for the book. I doubt Nebraska will ever make it as a stop on the tour.

today 3

today 2

today 1

20 Responses to did you see the knitters?

1. Kathleen says:

Thank you! I came to you from Yarn Harlot. So glad to see the pictures and see that the gang got right up there on TV!!!! I so wanted to go.

2. MonicaPDX says:

Also thanks! And what Kathleen said. ;)

3. Chris S. says:

Thanks for posting the pics. I also came over from Yarn Harlot! Oh don’t we all wish we were there. I’m waiting for the Canadian launch details with crossed, well not fingers I guess or I couldn’t knit – but I’ll cross something in the hope that I’ll make it.

4. roggey says:

Dude, I hear you about the tour gig – I doubt the Quad Cities (or even Des Moines?) will ever see the Harlot, although I keep lobbying hard for it.

I’m sorry we’re missing Woolstock!

5. Joanne Seiff says:

Thanks for posting these photos! I am so jealous of the Yarn Harlot Horde in NYC about now…

6. Tina says:

Thanks so much for the photos! I’ve been waiting and waiting.

7. Hi from Kimberly! NYC was a blast. Please check out the Flickr group I created “Knitters Representing in NYC (and Everywhere Else)” when you can. And feel free to add your photos or create discussions because we want everyone’s stories!
    Bunny hugs!
    =:8

8. mom says:

Wow! I had no idea this was so big!
    Looks alike a very “tight-knit” group.
    I’m sure it was exciting to see them on “Today”.
    I missed it.
    Mom

9. marianne says:

What Kathleen and Monica said, same here…thank you so much!

10. Sara says:

Come see the Harlot in Denver- a bunch of us from Cheyenne are going- we can carpool. Nice blog.

11. Beth K says:

That is sooo cool! I bet we could get her to NE! She came to Oklahoma last year! I am from NE and I would drive up to see her again. It would be cool if the yarn shops in NE would get together to bring her there.

12. Nancy Sheck says:

Greeting from Nancy in NC!! Thanks for posting the TODAY SHOW picture. I hadn’t seen it yet!!

I am still living off the energy I gained there.

Nancy

13. Christy says:

Julie–getting a link from the Harlot herself! Woohoo! If anyone can get her to come to Nebraska, it’s us hardcore Lincoln Knitters!

14. minnie says:

dude, i live in omaha! i’m going to st paul next wednesday, where she’s gonna be. it’s not too late! you could still go with me!

15. Stacy says:

Thanks for the pictures. I’m in the same boat that you are; *so* wanted to be there. :)

16. Mandy says:

Hey! I got here from the harlot’s website too. These shots are fun. Thanks for sharing. I understand about NE’s lack of the harlot. I am a fellow (former) Cornhusker living in CHicago. She’s not even coming to Chicago for heaven’s sake, she’s coming to a burb! If my house wasn’t so crusty (we’re in a house that’s probably going to end up as a tear-down at some point), I’d tell you to come here and see her. But, if you could get to Chicago (CHEAP southwest tickets) and stay in a hotel or with a friend, I’d happily give you a ride to the event!!

17. brian says:

Sweet

18. Deborah Sauer Farrand says:

Just saying Hi to fellow knitters in Lincoln! Just discovered this Lincolnblog via yarnharlot. I’m from Lincoln (went to NE high), call it my hometown, and retired parents live there again after many years away. I’ve lived in Calif. for 23 years, so now it’s “home,” but I’m still a Big Red fan! I’ll find the yarn shops when I visit this summer. (Omaha, too – my sister lives there.)

19. […] Today Show post is getting quite a few comments. Thank you to the knitters who offered a ride or carpool to one of […]