If you happened to be watching the Nebraska vs. Texas game on Saturday, you might have noticed a few flakes on the field. We had our first snow on Saturday. It wasn’t a big deal—just a few pretty flakes for about an hour. It was a nice backdrop for Knitting Group, though. We had our monthly lunch and TKGA meeting, and Christy brought the most amazing vegan black bean soup—totally dairy free for me (and Mirabella!). It was perfect for a cold, wintry day. T spent the afternoon with Mirabella and dressed her in red to support the Huskers (and Ferrari). Here she is in her fancy red sweater, knit by Joanne, a fellow Lincoln Knitter.

mirabella in her red sweater

8 Responses to wintry weekend

1. Cioci says:

Mirabella looks very stylish in her fall sweater. What a precious little girl.
    Thanks for the photo.
    Love,
    Cioci

2. Teresa says:

mirabella is such a darling sweetheart!!! she looks so cute in her sweater! when she was first born i thought she looked so much like you, julie, but now i can see she is a real blend of you both – she is just gorgeous! so beautiful, so strong, so healthy! way to go! you are awesome parents!!!

xoxo

ter

3. Mary Kay says:

Mirabella is an absolutely gorgeous baby. I’m thoroughly enjoying watching her grow through pictures. I can’t wait to meet her in person!
    Love to all, Mary K

4. Liz says:

And of course, the knitter is looking at this wondering what yarn Joanne used for Mirabella’s gorgeous sweater.

5. Mom and Dad says:

It’s nice to see Bella’s smiling face. I have set her picture as my PC “wallpaper.”
    Can’t beat that! Beautiful baby, beautiful sweater.
    Love
    Mom

6. Diane says:

WOW!! What a cutie pie!! She is so precious!!

Hang in there with the diet restrictions – it’s awesome that you are nursing. Things will settle in and you’ll find a variety (albeit small) of things that make everyone happy!!

7. Lauren Durban (!) says:

I just had to tell you how beautiful Mirabella is!! Seriously, you guys made a catalog baby! :)

8. Sue Neverve says:

Julie…
    What kind of neighbor am I?!?!
    Mirabella is changing every day and I’m always wondering how you all are doing! I saw Tarun drive off this afternoon and craddled my arms as to how your gorgeous daughter is doing…he gave me thumbs up!
    You vegan you! WOW…that fussy little princess!! I honor you Julie! Don’t know if I could go to that extreme…and you are absolutely correct in saying that there definately is a “passion” to living the lifestyle of a true vegan!
    Again…beautiful child…what a blessing to your lives!