…and I’m still pregnant. Not much has changed except my inner thigh muscles have announced that they are done with this whole carrying around the baby thing. Needless to say, my mobility has decreased dramatically. I’m now working from home with my feet up and only getting up for essentials. T has been absolutely incredible helping me out in the evenings. Even Chloe is being extra nice to me. She can tell I’m not feeling well and follows me all around the house, curling up with me whenever she gets a chance.
Labor and Delivery Scoop: The Dr. says Baby K is ready and can come any day. I am only 2 cm and not having any contractions. (I had a few small ones last week, but none since then.) He offered to induce me if I am really ready to no longer be pregnant, and he has no concerns about Baby K at all. T and I discussed and decided we would hang in there at least until my due date, which is Sunday. The risks of induction: longer labor (ouch) and higher risk of c-section (double ouch). We’re not really comfortable with those risks. The Dr. says that’s fine, but after 41 weeks, he’s taking over and needs to encourage Baby K to join us in the outside world.
Plans for this weekend, aside from sitting around with my swollen feet up watching the Turkish Grand Prix, include eating spicy food, trying to go for walks, and maybe going to a movie.